Monterey Bay Nonviolent Communication Parenting Practice Group
Welcome to the MB NVC PPG. We are a group of parents and children who seek to support each other, in person and online, in practicing nvc in our everyday parenting lives and beyond.
We meet for empathy circles, sharing of “new and celebratory” nvc practices in our daily lives, nvc card games (using nvc feelings and needs cards), nvc children’s art projects, and anything supporting our nvc journey that members of the group choose and support.
If you are interested in joining this group, please email (michelleleahgomez AT gmail DOT com) the following information. After meeting IRL (“in real life”), if it meets your needs and those of the members, you may request to “join this group” and I will be honored and warmed to “approve” you.
(1) What is your experience with nvc? For example,
a. “No experience — I have heard about it and the idea resonates with me. I am planning to read Marshall Rosenberg’s Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life;” to
b. “I’m an nvc certified trainer and my middle name is ‘Marshall;” or
c. anything in between.
(2) Can you (and any or all of your children, if you wish) meet in Watsonville, normally 1:30 – 4:30 pm, one weekday a month? We circle outside, parents and children, picnic style, with the children weaving in and out as they wish. There is land to explore with dirt, climbable trees, a swing, a trampoline, cement for wheels with helmets (bicycles, skates, etc.) etc.
(3) How did you hear about the group?
(4) In what area do you live, and is there anything about your family you wish to share (e.g. – how many parents and/or children)?
(5) May I post your responses on our FB site to introduce you to the closed group, prior to your first meeting with us IRL (“in real life”)?
To meet members’ trust, safety and connection needs (and the play, trust and connection needs of the children), this group is only for parents and children who can meet **in person**. In addition, online, we support each other, share articles, ideas, and more.
If you are interested in online nvc parenting support and cannot attend our meetings, I recommend checking out the yahoo nvc parenting group: (once in yahoo groups) and nvc groups on Facebook.
If you would like to join us, you need not have studied nvc. I ask only that you have a genuine interest in exploring nvc with us, that you commit to learning more by reading Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life, and that you pursue learning (a little or a lot) about nvc through whatever means suits you (local conferences, books, webinars, YouTube videos of Marshall Rosenberg, the nvc website, etc.).
I also ask that you agree to follow the Empathy Circle Tenets (I send those to anyone interested) that we use to meet the needs of parents to feel safe, secure and have trust in the confidentiality of what is shared in our meetings and online.
Michelle w/ Aviel, Adoniyah & Asayah